Tips for Your Dateability Profile
Online dating can be intimidating, but it doesn’t have to be! What should you include in your bio? Which pictures should you use? Here are some tips to make your dating app experience the most fun and successful:
1. Photos: When choosing photos, use ones that are the best representation of yourself! Don’t use photoshopped pictures—you are beautiful the way you are. Use high quality photos (and ditch the sunglasses!). Lastly, use a variety of pictures, such as ones with friends or one in which you are doing a hobby.
2. Verify Profile: Fill out the profile verification form to let users know that you are the real deal! You can also request users to verify if they have not done so already.
3. Basic Descriptors: On Dateability, users have the option to hide the basic descriptors. Profiles with the most information receive the most likes!
4. Bio: Add a fun bio so users can get a good sense of your personality.
5. Activity: You need to use the app to get those matches! Log on every day for at least five minutes to swipe through your feed and likes list. Message your matches and don’t ghost!
6. Image Descriptions: Because Dateability is a dating app for disabled people, we include a text box for image descriptions. Image descriptions are helpful for blind & low vision users, as well as those with sensory processing disorders. Add image descriptions to each picture. Stay tuned for a post about how to write them!